Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sweet Sounds and Shameless Plugs

You may not know this about me, but I love music. I'm quite eclectic in my tastes, so don't be surprised when you hear me recommend albums that are quite different... although that is not reflected in this current entry.

A couple times per month I'll throw some albums / artists out there that are currently on my "Hot List".... okay, I don't really have a "Hot List", but it sounded right so I just let it flow.

1.) Jon McLaughlin - Indiana : This guy is actually a quasi family member by marriage. We've hung out together, we were in the same fraternity (at different schools), etc... Bottom Line: if you don't go buy this album, I will be personally offended! You can pick up Jon's brand new album "Indiana" on i-tunes right now for only $7.99. That is a steal for a beautiful, full, 13 track album! GO BUY IT!

2.) Dashboard Confessional - Dusk & Sumer: I listened to Dashboard a lot in high school in college. While Dashboard is the the king of the emo genre, their latest album proves to be much happier and does a great job attracting new audiences. I think you'll enjoy their tunes... check out the tracks "Stolen" and "So Long, So Long". *Note* I refer to them as Dashboard because that is the band name, but in reality it is one guy named Chris Carrabba.

3.) Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American : Classic. Tough to beat Jimmy Eat World. They always get me pumped when they shuffle through while I'm on a jog. If you've never heard them, check out the tracks "Bleed American" and "Sweetness".

That's all for now... more to come later.

No comments: